I’ve never (to my memory) made sugared nuts before and, given how much work I’ve done before toasting nuts thought it was gonna take around half and hour in the oven. Yeah, I’ve got issues with toasting nuts – it always feels like it takes longer than it actually does – probably ’cause I’m standing there the entire time. These sugared pecans are some of the fastest things I’ve ever made.
3 minutes to melt butter in the microwave, assembling the other ingredients meanwhile.
1-3 minutes mixing things.
10 minutes (total) in the oven.
And they are utterly addictive. Do not bring into the home of anyone on a diet. These wreck self-control. Assuming you like pecans.
We’ve finally used the ‘candy crusher’ feature on our ice cream maker (thank you cousins!) to chop these into pieces going into some very vanilla ice cream. Adam got the good stuff – real cream.
I think they are a tiny bit too spicy and Adam loves them as is – so, again, please figure out how much cayenne pepper you want to use. I feel like I’ve been saying that a lot recently…
Oh and I am totally filing these under Desserts, not Snacks, whenever I get them copied out.
Original from FoodFanatic.com
Recipes left to try (& copy…): 33; Snacks: 3 recipes left
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt the butter in the microwave on low. Line a baking sheet, jelly roll pan, or other baking pan with sides (no half sheets please) with parchment paper or aluminum foil; you’ll have crispier pecans using foil.
- Stir together the pecans and melted butter in a medium bowl until completely coated. Add the brown sugar and stir again until you get an even coating.
- Transfer the pecans to the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together the white sugar, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper in the same medium bowl.
- Remove the pecans from the oven and return to the medium bowl. Stir until the pecans are well coated with the sugar mixture. Return to the baking pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan. Enjoy!