So you know how I said in the ‘about me’ section that I can’t/don’t really cook from recipes unless they’ve been handwritten out? Apparently I’ve started to move past that (finally). Because I’ve bee able to try a couple of the recipes from this latest set before they’ve been copied out. Now I’m dropping out of my brain what I’m doing about twice as fast, and hence checking the recipe twice as much. But this is actually an improvement.
Also, why did no one tell me before that roasting broccoli is awesome? It’s the fastest I’ve ever roasted something, time always being the drive not to roast. So simple to do and these came out great. Like Adam trying the first piece and going ‘oh my god make these again, make them lots.’
Definitely copying out and putting in the binder. Don’t even have to add them to the list of things to try 🙂
Curry Roasted Broccoli
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1tsp masala mix (substitute your favorite type of curry spice mix here)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- salt to taste
- ~2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Oil, spray with non-stick spray, lay down a sheet of parchment paper or otherwise prepare a baking sheet.
- Mix together the spices and salt.
- Arrange the broccoli on the baking sheet, then drizzle with the olive oil. Mix the two together (your hands work just fine for this), then sprinkle the spice mixture roughly evenly over the broccoli.
- Bake until the broccoli starts to turn golden at the edges, about 13-14 minutes, and serve.