Recipe Count – 43 left to try
Section Count: Vegetables – 1 left to try
Need an easy, quick, side dish for a large number of people? I can give you two out of three – easy and lots of people. One hour chilling in the refrigerator takes it out of the quick category though 🙂
Also, food processor – definitely need a food processor for this to be an ‘easy’ recipe.
All that said, this came out pretty nice after only 15 minutes in the refrigerator (I was running behind on making dinner…) and having been scaled down to half sized – carrots, parsley, oil, and lemon juice in half, spices at full strength. I suspect it’ll scale up just as easily.
Honestly, I don’t have much to say about this one other than ‘yum’, I’m using it in my next Feastly event (and will let you know how it does chilling in the fridge for a day), and it made some pretty pictures (which were on the camera when those bastards stole it. mergle-ferph).
Without further ado:
Moroccan Raw Carrot Salad
original from Panning The Globe
- 1 lb carrots
- 1.5 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Shred the carrots in a food processor. Add the chopped parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper together. Keep whisking as you slowly add the olive oil to emulsify the ingredients. Toss the dressing with the carrots and parsley. Chill for a minimum of 15 minutes in the fridge before serving.